Pepsi "Pig Tale" Writing Competition - September 25 -
October 16, 2013
Click here for 2013 Pepsi "Pig Tale Rules"
Click here for 2012 winners
- Pepsi Bottling Ventures, in conjunction with the 30th
Barbecue Festival, is pleased to announce the 2013 Pepsi "Pig
Tale" Creative Writing Contest. Entries are categorized by age
groups: Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12, and
Ages 18 & Up.
- The first place winner in each category will be
awarded a one-year supply (16 cases) of Pepsi Cola Products!
Winning entries will be read at the 30th Anniversary Barbecue
Festival held Saturday, October 26, 2013. So, let your
imagination run "hog wild"! There are sure to be some s"pork"tacular tales.
Childress Idol: One Day-Sunday, October 6, 2013 (Childress Vineyards, Lexington
- Congratulations to all of the Childress Idol Winners!
- 2012 Childress Idol Julia Knight,
- 2011 Tabatha Allred... see
video & read
- 2010 Chelsea Sorrell (left)
- 2009 Allison Crowell (middle)
- 2008 Nicole Rapisardi (right)
- 2007 Shannon Montgomery Bovender
- 2006 Ross Coppley
Annual Tour de Pig (cycling event) - Saturday, October 12, 2013
Hawg Shoot - Air Rifle Match Saturday, October 19, 2013 Lexington Senior High
19, 2013 -
Lexington Senior High School
- BBQ Festival High School Air Rifle Match
Hosted by Yellow Jackets Air Rifle Team
Annual Hawg Run 5K - Saturday, October 19, 2013 (Main
Street, Uptown Lexington)
Barbecue Festival Golf Tournament Oct 19 - 20, 2013. Lexington
Registration forms will be available on-line after Labor Day.
- Divisions: 2 Men Best Ball Tournament, 36 Hole Stroke Play, flighted
after Saturday's round
- Hosted By The Lexington Men's Golf Association
- For additional information & registration forms, call Lexington Golf
Club at 336-248-3950.
Barbecue Festival Soccer Tournament 2013 date TBA
Ridin Hawg Wild - Saturday, October 5, 2013
- Entertainment all day, games, children's activities, lots of
raffles, vendor opportunities, sponsorship opportunities.
- Our Website: www.ridinhawgwild.com
Barbecue Festival Fly In - October 26,
(Davidson County Airport)