Pepsi "Pig Tale" Writing Competition - Sept. 24th - Oct. 17th, 2014
Click here for 2014 Pepsi "Pig Tale Rules"
Click here for 2012 winners
Pepsi Bottling Ventures, in conjunction with the 31st Annual Barbecue Festival, is pleased to announce the 2014 Pepsi "Pig Tale" Creative Writing Contest. Entries are categorized by age groups: Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12, and Ages 18 & Up.
The first place winner in each category will be awarded a one-year supply
(16 cases) of Pepsi Cola Products! Winners will be announced at the 31st Annual Barbecue Festival held Saturday, October 25, 2014. So, let your imagination run "hog wild"! There are sure to be some s"pork"tacular tales.
Childress Idol: One Day-Date to be announced! (Childress Vineyards, Lexington
2013 Childress Idol Flyer
- 2013 Childress Idol Freddie Adkins - See the 2013 Video!
- Congratulations to all of the Childress Idol Winners!
- 2012 Childress Idol Julia Knight,
- 2011 Tabatha Allred... see
video & read
- 2010 Chelsea Sorrell (left)
- 2009 Allison Crowell (middle)
- 2008 Nicole Rapisardi (right)
- 2007 Shannon Montgomery Bovender
- 2006 Ross Coppley
Annual Tour de Pig (cycling event) - Saturday, October 11, 2014
2nd Annual BBQ Big Bass
Tournament at High Rock Lake, Sat., Oct 18th
Hosted by High Rock Bass Masters & Benefitting Brenner
Click here for event information https://barbecue-big-bass-tournament.sportssignup.com/
Like our event on FaceBook!
Hawg Shoot - Air Rifle Match - Date to be announced!
Lexington Senior High
19, 2013 -
Lexington Senior High School
- BBQ Festival High School Air Rifle Match
Hosted by Yellow Jackets Air Rifle Team
Annual Hawg Run 5K - Sat., Oct. 18th!
Street, Uptown Lexington)
Barbecue Festival Golf Tournament Oct 18-19, 2014.
Registration forms will be available on-line after Labor Day.
- Divisions: 2 Men Best Ball Tournament, 36 Hole Stroke Play, flighted
after Saturday's round
- Hosted By The Lexington Men's Golf Association
- For additional information & registration forms, call Lexington Golf
Club at 336-248-3950.
Barbecue Festival Soccer Tournament - Date to be announced!
Ridin Hawg Wild - Saturday, September, 20th 2014 !
- Entertainment all day, games, children's activities, lots of
raffles, vendor opportunities, sponsorship opportunities.
- Our Website: www.ridinhawgwild.com
Fly in to the Barbecue Festival, Lexington's largest event! Free shuttle to the event (with fuel purchase). Vendors, food, entertainment at the event in Uptown Lexington, a short ride from the airport. Discounted fuel offered.
2nd Annual Barbecue Festival Petanque Tournament - Sunday, Oct 26th 2014!
When: SUNDAY, OCT. 26, 2014, 9:00 AM
Where: FINCH PARK 15 PAUL BECK RD, LEXINGTON, NC
What: OPEN (SELECT-YOUR-PARTNER) DOUBLES
View the flyer, click here.
Entry: $15 PER PERSON
TROPHIES AND CASH PRIZES
Format: THREE (3) QUALIFYING ROUNDS
FOLLOWED BY SINGLE ELIMINATION
FOR CONCOURS AND CONSOLANTE
SHIRLEY JONES CELL# 336-247-0436
Other: Lunch available, restrooms available, playground for kids, snacks and water provided. Bring your own soft drinks. NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN PARK.