Pepsi "Pig Tale" Writing Competition - Sept. 24th - Oct. 17th, 2014
- Click here for 2014 Pepsi "Pig Tale Rules"
- Click here for 2013 winners
- Click here for 2012 winners
Pepsi Bottling Ventures, in conjunction with the 31st Annual Barbecue Festival, is pleased to announce the 2014 Pepsi "Pig Tale" Creative Writing Contest. Entries are categorized by age groups: Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12, and Ages 18 & Up.
The first place winner in each category will be awarded a one-year supply
(16 cases) of Pepsi Cola Products! Winners will be announced at the 31st Annual Barbecue Festival held Saturday, October 25, 2014. So, let your imagination run "hog wild"! There are sure to be some s"pork"tacular tales.
Annual Tour de Pig (cycling event) - Saturday, October 11, 2014
22nd Annual Tour de Pig
2nd Annual BBQ Big Bass Tournament is cancelled to the lowering of the lake and will be held again in 2015!
Hosted by High Rock Bass Masters & Benefitting Brenner Children’s Hospital
Click here for event information https://barbecue-big-bass-tournament.sportssignup.com/
Like our event on FaceBook!
Hawg Shoot - Air Rifle Match - October 18th, 2014
Lexington Senior High School
- October 18, 2014 - Lexington Senior High School
- BBQ Festival High School Air Rifle Match
Hosted by Yellow Jackets Air Rifle Team
Annual Hawg Run 5K & 1mile Fun Run - Sat., Oct. 18th!
(Main Street, Uptown Lexington)
Barbecue Festival Golf Tournament Oct 18-19, 2014.
Lexington Golf Club
Registration forms will be available on-line after Labor Day.
- Divisions: 2 Men Best Ball Tournament, 36 Hole Stroke Play, flighted after Saturday's round
- Hosted By The Lexington Men's Golf Association
- For additional information & registration forms, call Lexington Golf Club at 336-248-3950.
Barbecue Festival Soccer Tournament - Oct 16-19!
Ridin Hawg Wild - Saturday, September, 20th 2014 !
- Entertainment all day, games, children's activities, lots of raffles, vendor opportunities, sponsorship opportunities.
- Our Website: www.ridinhawgwild.com
- Fly in to the Barbecue Festival, Lexington's largest event! Free shuttle to the event (with fuel purchase). Vendors, food, entertainment at the event in Uptown Lexington, a short ride from the airpirt. Discounted fuel offered.
Click here for more details! http://flyhighlexington.com/news/events/
2nd Annual Barbecue Festival Petanque Tournament - Sunday, Oct 26th 2014!
When: SUNDAY, OCT. 26, 2014, 9:00 AM
Where: FINCH PARK 15 PAUL BECK RD, LEXINGTON, NC
What: OPEN (SELECT-YOUR-PARTNER) DOUBLES
View the flyer, click here.
Entry: $15 PER PERSON
TROPHIES AND CASH PRIZES
Format: THREE (3) QUALIFYING ROUNDS
FOLLOWED BY SINGLE ELIMINATION
FOR CONCOURS AND CONSOLANTE
SHIRLEY JONES CELL# 336-247-0436
Other: Lunch available, restrooms available, playground for kids, snacks and water provided. Bring your own soft drinks. NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN PARK.